Sunday, September 12, 2010

"La Bella y La Bestia"

Last Saturday, Jamie and I went to see the Argentine version of Broadway’s “Beauty and the Beast.” It was FABULOUS. It’s been ages since I last saw the movie, but it used to be one of my favorites. The music is truly beautiful – I’d forgotten much of it, but hearing it again made me realize I how deep an impression music makes, especially when we're little. It's always amazing to feel so close to my four-year-old self, to realize that she's not gone :)

As for the production, I have little to say, I enjoyed it so. The actors were incredibly talented, and they looked like they were having so much fun. I wanted to be up there! So did a little girl sitting near us - she was dressed to the nines in polka-dots and pink converse and danced along to all of the upbeat numbers. A kindred spirit for sure.

Here’s the movie in Spanish, if you get the urge: http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmz9v2K39jM

1 comment:

  1. Ah that sounds so amazing. And I am very pro-disney-in-other-languages. I definitely watched Beauty and the Beast in Swedish at work at least twice.

    ReplyDelete