Tuesday, September 21, 2010

¡Fumáte el examen!

Word of the day SUPER BONUS EDITION:

Midterms are coming up here in Bs As, so I thought it would be helpful to include some phrases my host sister taught me regarding exams.

If you did well/it was easy:
"Me fumé el examen." - lit. "I smoked the test."
"Lo di de taquito." - lit. (ish) "I took it like a taquito."
"Era una pelotudez." - lit. "It was stupid (with testicular connotations)."

If you did poorly:
"Me cogieron." - anybody using this will know what it means, I'm keeping my blog PG13.

¡Suerte!

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say that I am LOVING your blog (even though I'm really bad at reading up to date and commenting, although I always love and appreciate your comments). these are some delayed thoughts that don't exactly go with this particular entry...but I like that you found such a hippie class to take in Argentina (conexión creativa) and it sounds like a fun/intense time. I cannot imagine bursting into tears in front of a room full of my Spanish classmates yet, but I guess it completely made sense in context. Your 40% reflection also sounds perfectly content, which is very awesome. I am nearly at 25% right now and not so comfortable in my Spanish skin (so to speak?) but I hope to get there too. And I am totally going to try to use these frases de exámenes and see if I get laughed at here for sounding Latin American. Spaniards are very pretentious (elitist) about that sort of thing. besos, Raquel

    ReplyDelete