Sunday, September 12, 2010

"Fuerza Bruta"

I believe that my exact words after exiting this performance were, "What a great way to die!" Those of you who know me well at all know that I'm not a particularly morbid person. I just say "weird stuff" a lot, most of which comes from an honest place. The IFSA people I was with were a little creeped out, but I really meant it - the feeling I got from experiencing this performance is pretty close to what I would hope to feel in my final moments on Earth.

I'm not even going to attempt to describe what "Fuerza Bruta" is. You just have to see it. I purposefully picked a picture that doesn't nearly do it justice so as not to give it away.

Having been here for nearly two months (eek!) I can hardly consider myself enough of an expert on the city to say obnoxious things like "this is a must-see in Buenos Aires," but having been on this planet for nearly twenty-one years ("eek" for some of you reading this), I feel fairly qualified to say that seeing Fuerza Bruta is a very unique, powerful, entertaining experience, and you should go if you can! It didn't change my life or anything, but it made me feel pretty amazing, and it definitely made my creative mind spin with new ideas.

Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment