Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Wait, this McDonald’s is hella swank!

i.e. the adventures of Biddie and Viking in el capital federal whilst our peeps were busy touring wine country.

A bunch of our besties went to Mendoza for the weekend, leaving Emma and me to our own devices. I’ve decided to dedicate a blogpost to our little shenanigans, since so few were around to witness them.

Basically, we spent Friday somewhat accidentally hopping from one fancy-pants place to the next. Tea Connection to start; a café that served me tiny toast; and a movie theater that bore more resemblance to an opera house than to any AMC I’ve ever seen.

Bearing in mind the exchange rate, we weren’t spending much, but we decided to cut the class after the movie and go to McDonald’s for dinner. We had to wait a long time for our nugs, but I was seriously impressed by the interior decorating. The place is three stories tall with multiple seating alternatives and numerous lovely potted plants. I must say I’d like to return.

Emma is unamused by the potted plant creeping up on her:

We ended the night at Casa Bar, which is decorated in the style of a European home from the Baroque period. SWANK. And yet, we paid no entrance fee. Score again.

Since pictures are always fun, here’s a beautiful double-self-portrait of us with wine-stained tongues.

(No, we did not drink wine at McDonald’s.)

Besos,

Isa

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I had a similar experience. The Micky D's I went to served me a slice of cake on a real plate with chocolate sauce decorations ie a treble clef and music notes that the McD's lady drew. AND the place had marble columns and was quite fancy!!!

    ReplyDelete