Thursday, August 5, 2010

"Todos Eran Mis Hijos"


Last night, I got my first true taste of Buenos Aires theater! IFSA paid for a group of students to go see Arthur Miller's "All My Sons" (in Spanish, of course!) at the Teatro Apolo. I LOVED IT!

I've read/seen some of Miller's other works, but I had no prior knowledge of this show. At first, I was overwhelmed by the rapid dialogue and had to really work to understand what was going on, but as the play progressed I was able to follow it quite easily. I realize that seeing plays (which I will be doing a lot!) will be a great tool for learning language - and it's something I love to do in the first place!

The entire cast was very talented, but I especially enjoyed the actors who played Kate and Joe, the parents. I love to see people on stage who have been acting for decades - they possess an ease and grace that the younger actors are still developing. Chris and Annie were also great, though, and their romance was rather convincingly steamy.

I'll try to include little reviews of the shows I see, although I imagine I'll continue being too ecstatic about understanding what I see to write anything critical. Every time I feel my language skills progressing, I want to express to someone the wonders that are happening inside my brain - I suppose just about everyone feels like this when they start to really learn a language, but I didn't expect it to be such an emotional experience! Very exciting.

Besos,
Isa

Word of the day: "re" - adv. Very. (added as a prefix for emphasis. Ex: re-linda, re-terrible, re-dificil)

No comments:

Post a Comment