Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mi Horario

Shopping period is coming to a close, and I’ve just about finalized my schedule of classes. Here is my week (remember, all in Spanish):

lunes:

Conexión Creativa I (“creative connection,” first year)*

Voz y Canto III (voice and song, third year)

Escuela de Espectadores (lectures by playwrights and directors in the “spectators’ school”)

martes:

Castellano Matenamiento (Spanish language maintenance)**

Destreza y Malabares I (gymnastics and juggling, first year)

miércoles:

Taller de Actuación (acting workshop: just me, Robyn, and our teacher Marisa)

Seminar: Theater Today in Buenos Aires

jueves:

Observación (observation of rehearsals for the fourth year students’ play)

viernes:

LIBRE! (free)

So far, an excellent schedule. As part of the Central Seminar I’m required to see a different play each week (paid for by the program), and I can also sign up to see other shows that the program sponsors as extra-curricular events. In short, tons of theater. All the time. At no additional cost to me. WHAT?!

Please don’t hate me because I’m theatrical.

Besos,

Isa

*I have yet to attend this class, but I really want to take it after what I heard. Sounds like a super chilled-out Drama 102 (alas, only Vassar kids will get that reference)...like an exploration of creative expression.

**This class is required by my study abroad program. As part of the concentration, I will be enrolled in a section with a focus on – what? – theater.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of 102 I had my first class yesterday. I have Gabrielle and Jane, with Chris coming for the Chekov section. I'm excited and terrified. But Sierra is in it, as well as a certain person with certain facial expressions or lack thereof. ¡Re-divertido!

    ReplyDelete