Monday, December 6, 2010

Acción de Gracias en Uruguay

Another November thing I skipped writing about - Thanksgiving! I felt very thankful for many things that day, one being my study abroad program, IfSA. Not only did they provide us with an amazing Thanksgiving dinner, they made a whole vacation out of it! We spent three days and two nights in beautiful Colonia, Uruguay, where we got to relax, explore, go to the beach, etc. Yes, Thanksgiving on the beach. Incredible. I didn't take many photos, but here are a few:

Approaching our program director's house, which is also a B&B and a lemon plantation (!!!):

The beautiful house, where we did not actually stay:

The delicious spread:
My plate:

Somewhat odd, yet definitely delicious, pumpkin pie for dessert:
Exploring the town:
Uruguayan flora:
It was a really lovely holiday. As always, it was nice to get away from the city for a bit, but nice to return as well.

My family, meanwhile, was chillin' in Bs As, feeling thankful that they did not have to cook a turkey this year, and I thankfully returned to them on Saturday night for another week of Batts family adventures. All of which I will write about. Eventually. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment