Friday, July 30, 2010

Las primeras fotos!!

Cute cups and saucers in the kitchen. We actually drink our tea out of huge round mugs with cows on them :)

Beloved Kaira, modeling in the kitchen:

One corner of my room. Note my earrings in the handy-dandy earring-thingy:

Shoes for my Argentina-feet:

Watching Love Actually on tv (an educational experience when I read the subtitles!)

Two contemporary Argentinean novels I bought. I've started Crímenes imperceptibles, it is quite good. Also please note (and be jealous of) the clouds and rainbows on my bedspread.

Kaira is surprised to be interrupted my my creepo Uglydoll in the middle of her catnap:

Also: I totally O.D.'d on empanadas during the first week. They are SO GOOD. I documented all of them:

More pictures coming in just a moment!

6 comments:

  1. I HATE UNCLE JAMIE.

    Empanadas look delicious. What is Crimenes imperceptibles about? Are you developing a close relationship with the cat? Cats are so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cat and ugly doll picture. But also that the ugly doll made it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shoes! & LOOOL so hard about the cats expression to being interrupted by the ugly doll! We need to skype asap. I've had limited internet access these past few weeks since ive been backpacking through new york ever since I gave up my apartment.. but now im cozily settled into your house with my laptop looking like a hamster cracked out on vicodin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em: lol I love the cat although there are a disproportionate many pictures of her. Crímenes imperceptibles is a crime novel. Imperceptible crimes. Also, I love uncle Jamie. And this is at "WE'RE HERE!" i.e. my favorite part (the subtitles are for, "Oh, it really was just around the corner")

    Andrew: Yes. Gabriel's home has also been populated by uglydolls as souvenirs, I'm making sure they take over the world one continent at a time!

    Saila: I've had limited web access too, no skype yet but it will happen! LOL at "backpacking through new york." And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh why doesn't it notify me if you reply!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't really read your blog yet, so I'm taking the afternoon to do just that (I've been looking forward to it all day). I'm sitting in front of the fan in the MPR, and the guy sitting in front watching the tennis is probably really confused as to why I just giggled kind of loudly as I sit alone with my computer. I like your cat picture. And the one with your socks in it. I miss your socks. Is that weird? Probs.

    ReplyDelete