Friday, July 30, 2010

Cinco más

1) Proof that this is me and I am here: me in a tree in the park near the apartment.

2) Some of Vassar, plus others from the program, in a park near the orientation site. Note my cameo appearance in shadow-form. The hilarity of this photo can be explained by #3.

3) OH.

4) A view from inside my bus. It is usually packed, so this was a rare photo-op. I've been taking the bus to and from orientation every day. Public transportation is really good here, and busses are everywhere, 24/7.

5) The fancy building downtown where our orientation takes place:

As it is not always safe or convenient for me to take out my camera, I do not have un montón de fotos yet (another reason to read my blog: learn Spanish bit by bit as I spontaneously blurt it out!), but these should give those who were curious a good sense of my daily life so far.

Let me know if there is anything you would like to see or know more about! As I learn more, I plan to blog a bit about Argentine politics (a complex and heated subject!) and the theater/art world. For realzies leave some comments so this blog doesn't turn into me just rambling. (Example comment: "Izzy: Your use of the phrase 'for realzies' makes me laugh/lose all respect for you/love you to the max.")

Besos,
Isa

Coming soon: cows, films, and boliches. (What a strange word-trio! What could this possibly mean?! This blog is SO SUSPENSEFUL)

Word of the day: el boliche - n. Argentine word for discotheque. Which is a French word, because English isn't cool enough to come up with its own.

2 comments:

  1. Izzy: Your use of the phrase 'for realzies' makes me love you to the max, but not really laugh, because in my opinion it is a perfect acceptable use of english.

    PS. SO much suspense. I can't wait to exit this tab and read the next entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH and PPS I'm glad you posted the picture of yourself there, because I had been secretly assuming that you were not really in Argentina but rather hiding out on the farm waiting to say "Boo!"

    ReplyDelete